Tell me, who are you when all else fades away?
Tell me, who are you when you receive the heart wrenching diagnosis that promises to dramatically change your life, if not end it all together?
Are you the hopeless person who gives up and shrinks away in fear, or are you the one who rises day after day ready to brave the turbulent weather?
Tell me, who are you when your lover grows tired of your disease, walks out the door, and leaves you all alone?
Are you the person who quivers shamefully under their tear stained covers, or are you the one who reaches deep within, knowing the soul to be their only true home?
Tell me, who are you when the world rests in peace as you thrash about with racing thoughts, staring at the dark wall?
Are you the person who shrinks away, fearful of facing their true self, or are you the one who opens their heart to the dark waters of the night, knowing that in order to reach the light, they must first experience it all?
Tell me, who are you when you can no longer walk, and are forced to go out in public in a wheelchair?
Are you the person who hangs their head low out of a false sense of pride, or are you the one who looks firmly ahead, ready to greet ignorantly gawking eyes with a compassionate and empathetic stare?
Tell me, who are you when your disease progresses and your friends and family abandon you?
Are you the person who grabs the knife, ready to end it all, or are you the one who derives strength from the heartbreak, determined not to find a way out, but to find a way through?
Tell me, who are you when your worldly image is fading, and you feel you are dying?
Are you the one who begs God to save the soul you ignored, or are you the one who closes their eyes with a smile, knowing they remained true to themselves, as the evils of the world tried to corrupt their spirit with false hope and lying?
Tell me, who are you?
-Say hi on social!-
- PRIVATE YOGA & SELF HEALING FOR LYME/CHRONIC ILLNESS FACEBOOK GROUP (private facebook group for Lyme disease. Courses, videos and more on ayurvedic plant medicine for Lyme and ayurvedic based yoga therapy, as well as free give aways, exclusive content, and self-help freebies and webinars/courses. When you click “join”, you will be prompted to answer a few questions –a precautionary screening to ensure all members of the group have Lyme or a chronic illness to ensure privacy and sense of safety for group members): http://www.facebook.com/groups/yogaforlyme/
- LYME AWARENESS PUBLIC FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/awakenfromlyme/
- FACEBOOK (personal): http://www.facebook.com/shellmariew/
- INSTAGRAM: http://www.instagram.com/shelley_m_w
- PINTEREST: http://www.pinterest.com/shelley_m_w