Do You Have Problems Falling Asleep? Try These Tips For A Great Night’s Sleep
CHANGE YOUR LIGHTING:
When the sun sets, adjust the lighting in your house. Opt for dimmer lighters, and bulbs that produce warmer, more ambient, calming colors, make. I actually switch the bulbs out in my bedroom lamps to some pink ambient ones that cast an ambient zen vibe. I found the pair for only $3 at our local grocery store!
Another option, or additional thing to do, is implement use of HEALTHY candles without harmful ingredients ( my favorite, affordable option is listed below), or use battery operated ones (which are especially awesome if you are someone who likes to shut the breaker at night in your house or bedroom. EMF free lighting is everything then!). To recap lighting options (feel free to share your own favs!):
1. Use battery operated candles like the ones pictured here (you can find them basically anywhere —Amazon, a local store, even the dollar store!
2. All natural chemical free candles: Currently, I use Chesapeake Bay candles, and don’t see that changing anytime soon.
Having tried many “natural” candles that were of awful quality, super expensive or certainly not all natural and healthy, I think I’ll stick with these.
They’re beautiful, all natural with meticulously blends of essential oils to produce specific mind/body effects/feelings, and super affordable —especially in comparison to so many others.
PHYSICALLY RELAX YOUR BODY FROM THE DAY AND RELEASE PENT UP TENSION IN YOUR MUSCLES/BODY:
3. There are surely more than one way to do so. Personally though, I prefer an evening walk with my partner and pug baby, as well as some gentle stretching or a slow yoga flow before sleep next to my bed on my “bedroom” yoga mat pictured here (I designated it to use before bed and upon waking and leave it rolled up by my bed for a few reasons. Firstly, it’s more likely I’ll hit the mat in the AM & PM if it’s right there. Secondly, as a yoga teacher, it’s just much easier than lugging a mat back and forth places). For this, I use the jade harmony mat in pink because it sparks joy and positive vibes for me.
4. Myofascial release (aka heaven!): This spikey Myofascial ball that I found at a super affordable price on Amazon is great …but you can also just use a tennis ball, or perhaps two tennis balls in a sock, a foam yoga block, a foam roller, or any ball shaped item really in most cases.
USE RELAXING ESSENTIAL OILS:
5. I massage this lavender essential oil on the bottoms of my feet, and sprinkle it on my eye mask and pillows. I alternate lavender with a “relaxing blend” of oils from the same company, which is a blend designed to promote calming and soothing sensations.
6. I love ending the day journaling in this beautiful leather journal I adore!
SOAK IN THE TUB AND ENJOY SOME CALMING HERBAL REMEDIES:
Finally…I find a nice warm relaxing bath followed by intake of the following herbs to do me in for the night…
7. 2 full droppers of this alcohol free motherwort tincture
8. Lemon haze in my puffIt vape and/ or…
9. Some gentle cannabis oil (usually coconut or olive infused cannabis oil). The oil pictured here is a recipe I experimented with by using hemp oil to make it with instead of coconut or olive oil (I like it, it’s also great as a face lotion or topical pain reliever)
THEN, LIGHTS OUT, GET IN BED AND USE A SUPER RELAXING LAVENDER EYE PILLOW:
10. I use this aaamazing lavender filled/scented eye pillow to block out any possible light sources as well as to deeply relax the muscles around the eyes. 😇💤💜
…happy slumbering to all and to all a goodnight!! 😉 💤🌙