Yoga Therapy Sessions
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM FIRST YOGA THERAPY CONSULT
In our initial consultation, we will first identify the following:
-Identify health issue(s)
-Assess lifestyle habits (relating to physical, emotional / mental and social activities)
-Discuss your specific reason for seeking yoga therapy, and how I can help you meet your goals
-Design a personalized course of treatment specific to your needs and goals.
After establishing and going over your treatment plan in your initial consultation, we will come to an agreement of the frequency of future sessions based on my recommendations and your circumstances (i.e. financial, availability etc)
After this initial intake, future sessions will likely include at least the following components:
–Breathing Exercises (Prayanama): The therapist will guide the person in therapy through a series of breathing exercises ranging from energizing breaths to balancing breaths.
–Physical yoga practice (Asana practice): I will teach you appropriate yoga poses and sequences to address your needs, and create and record personalized practices for you to follow between sessions.
–Meditation: meditation helps the mind to settle, and switches on the parasympathetic nervous system.
This allows for healing to begin, or to progress with more ease.
Furthermore, the physical yoga practice should be performed in a meditative state for best results, meaning in a relaxed and mindful manner.
-Guided Imagery: To further calm the body and mind, guided visualization will be utilized for enhanced inner peace.
–Homework: instructions on how to incorporate what you have learned into your daily life for a balanced, healthy lifestyle will be provided.
Yoga Teacher Training
200 hour YTT in:
- Hatha Yoga
- Yoga Therapy
Additional Trainings, Certifications and CEs
- Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorder: Training for Yoga Teachers
- Yoga for Autoimmune Disease (Befriend Your Body)
- Yoga for Functional Movement
- Yoga for Arthritis
- Science of Yoga and Yoga Therapy
- Intro to Ashtanga Yoga (The Primary Series)
- Intro to Ashtanga (Second Series)
- Fundamentals of Pranayama
- Stress Management through Yoga and Meditation
- Anatomy, Therapeutic Rolling, and Yoga for Hips
- Healing and Preventing Wrist Pain For Yoga Teachers
- Isometric Strength Training
- Qi Yong For Yogis
- Yoga Meditation and Trauma
- Psychology, Yoga, and Ayurveda: Tools for Managing Grief
- Yoga and Herbs for Insomnia
- Pilates for Yogis
- Ayurvedic Routines for Wellness (“Jump Into Wellness Every Day With an Ayurvedic Daily Routine”)
- Movement, Meditation and Chanting (“Rise in Love”)
- Exploration of Breath (“Let’s Explore Breathing”)
- Exploring the 8 Limbs of Yoga
- Setting Goals That Align With Soul In Practice
•The Ayurvedic Clock
•Yoga for Self-Love and Self-Care (How to Make Peace with Yourself and Your Body)
- Transformation through Post Traumatic Growth